Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spa Treatments During Chemo

Gaby is sweet, thoughtful, considerate. Since Tuesday, she's asked me every morning how I've slept, and throughout the day checks to see how I'm feeling. (she also checks to see if I'm losing much hair yet!)
So it was really no surprise to me that she chose to stay home Friday, instead of hanging out with friends, and 'take care' of me. Spa style.

Though I had to veto any snacks, since my appetite was still impaired, and nixed the scented candles due to lingering nausea, I still enjoyed a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. Gaby transformed her room with lighting, music (my ipod) and some mild aromatherapy.

I had to dress for the treatments:


Comfortable loungewear.



Lotions, potions and cucumbers for my eyes.

Temple rub, hand and foot rub, and a back massage.



Lucky me. And the best part?



Cuddles, snuggles and kisses.

Oh and we did share a lavender tubby after all of that. I felt AWESOME.

And loved.

1 comment: