Monday, July 12, 2010

I'm Whirling!


T-1  day til chemo, round 1, treatment 1, whatever you call it. Chemo starts tomorrow. I've been instructed to take these steroids the day before and day after, 2 pills, 2X day. With food of course.

I took 2 pills this morning with breakfast. By lunch, I was feeling a bit weird, light-headed, and revisited the side effects.

When I had the prescription filled, I read the big long list that accompanied it. But today, I just folded out the little piece attached to the bottle. Common side effects: difficulty sleeping, feeling of a whirling motion, increased appetite (yippee, I just lost 2 more lbs. on Marc's biggest loser challenge and now this!), increased sweating, indigestion, mood changes, nervousness.

Nervousness?! Heck yeah.  Don't need steroids to bring that on. I'm having freakin' chemo tomorrow for the first time. I have no idea what to expect. I know it's basically poison being pumped through my veins. The list of potential side effects is long and horrible.

Nervousness?! I guess so!


4 comments:

  1. Love you and praying for you...praying that the treatments will be effective with out wreaking havoc on your body

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much love and so many prayers being sent your way...I truly believe today (the waiting, the unknown) is worse than tomorrow (the reality)...may you awaken in the AM filled with the love of God (and your many, many friends) and the confidence that YOU are a strong and amazing woman doing ALL the right things to beat this!!

    Love, Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you have a zillion prayers being said for you at the moment, you are a wonderful woman - so compassionate and open-minded, so thoughtful and kind. Good luck tomorrow. May the force be with you (or the shwartz - if you like Spaceballs) :)
    Jaz
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking and praying for you. You have such a positive attitude so I am sure you will do well. I would love to help in any way so I will keep in touch to see what I can do. I didn't have to go through Chemo but did have the other treatments so if you need to talk just call. Good Luck
    Cathy Langlois

    ReplyDelete