Thursday, January 13, 2011

And for the next 5 years, Tamoxifen

Because my breast cancer was Estrogen Receptor Positive, the week after Thanksgiving, I started my daily dose of tamoxifen It is supposed to block the effects of estrogen, and reduce the chances of the cancer reoccuring. As with the chemo, reading the possible side effects was scary. So far, nothing other than the hot flashes, which started after the second round of chemo, and haven't stopped. Now that's another long and negative post!

2 comments:

  1. I too have finished the cancer treatment. First I had chemo, then surgery and then radiation. I liked being bald. It wasn't tramatic just scarey. Right after my radiation was finishing up my mom got sick and we have been pretty much taking her to doctors. She is in hospice now. I have been trying to keep stress at bay but sometimes its hard to do. I am taking Femara for 5 years because the cancer is estrogen related. I really don't feel well still. I felt better in the beginning of the end of treatment than I do now. I am happy to be done but it was a rough ride. Thank you for sharing your experience, hope and joy with us.
    nancye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to this blog, intrigued to see what's next.

    Best,
    Hua
    healthcentral.com

    ReplyDelete