Saturday, September 4, 2010

Love from Canada

My Mom and I are a good pair when it comes to remembering things. For now, I can lay blame to chemo brain, but anyone who knows me knows that, if I don't put it on my to-do list, I usually don't do. Chemo or no chemo.

Mom can blame both age and the brain aneurysm she survived over 13 years ago. Her short term memory just ain't what it used to be. It well could be the part of her brain that was home to the aneurysm. This was confirmed by her doctor. Or it might have just been at the same time that some memory loss would have become more evident.

Whatever our reasons or excuses may be, neither one of us remembered to view the photo CD that my parents brought with them, from my sister Linda.

Mom and Dad left in the predawn hours Thursday morning, and it wasn't til yesterday that I looked at the CD. Even though Linda had reminded me -- sorry Lin!

These are awesome pictures that I want to share here. Story to follow!



Cousin Jodene and her beau.



A. Judy and cousin Alissa.



A. Joanne and Mom



artists at work


Their art. Jay and A. Marianne.



A close up.



The dinner we missed.






Nephew Dustin and his cousin. (Jane or Kara -- sorry!)





BIL Dave, nephew Derrick, U. Armand



Mom and Dad


Cousin Grant, Claudia & Marco


U. Bob & A. Joanne

I was moved to tears viewing these and went through them several times. Thanks all of you for putting this together. I love you all and miss you all too. Terribly.

The story.

It's my Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary this year, October 15th. As we often do with family scattered about, we had planned to celebrate the occasion early, in the summer, when more of us could be together.

A date had been set with us in mind. The PA Pelletiers, who would be traveling to Winnipeg in August. August 22nd was in fact the date and family far and wide were notified.

My diagnosis and subsequent treatment put a big kink in the plans, which were on hold for awhile. In the meantime, my A. Marianne and her husband Jay had booked their travel from Vancouver, to be in Winnipeg for the party weekend.

Even though the big celebration was cancelled/postponed, they decided to stick with their plans and headed to the Peg as planned. So Linda decided to hold a smaller family gathering on the original day, before MA & Jay headed back to Vancouver.  Just Mom's side of the family, for now. So those family members who could make it, did.

Wish we could have too. But even from this faraway, we're feelin' the love.

Did I mention how much I love and miss you all?

 I do.

 And thanks again.

1 comment:

  1. No pictures of Linda?? Guess she was too busy being the photographer/fabulous hostess! We missed you, Sherri, but the Storoschuks' beautiful new home was filled with love and good wishes for you.

    Auntie Judy

    ReplyDelete