Monday, October 4, 2010

Self-Portrait


Photo by me. Inspiration by Jasmine

Jasmine hosts a monthly photo challenge.  Last month's categories were 'beautiful' and 'old'. I had taken some photos for the 'old' category, but wasn't happy with them. Couldn't think of anything for the beautiful category.  Jasmine emailed me and suggested I take photos of me with my new hair and submit them for that category.

The ideal would be to find a way to have Jasmine take those photos. She possesses some mad photography skilz, that girl! But since she's in Utah and I'm here in PA, I may have hair again before I have the opportunity to be in front of her lens.

Of the several I took, I emailed four of them. I didn't tell Jasmine which was my favourite, but we both chose the same one. And then she featured it first on that post -- what an honour!

You must check out not only that post -- amazing photography for both categories -- but her entire blog. She is an incredible artist who's mediums are endless: paint, paper, make up, film, you name it. And she's an awfully nice person too!

4 comments:

  1. awww shucks Sherri!!!
    (hee hee, my head doth groweth)
    I love this picture. I wish I took it so bad, I would think I was the best photographer ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this definately belongs in the beautiful category! Love you! Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are stunning. What a powerful photo. Thank you for sharing it!

    patty

    ReplyDelete