Monday, May 17, 2010

Recovery

After waiting for a while for my doctor, who was tied up in another surgery, we left without seeing her. I was starving and craving a blueberry scone. It was almost 4:00 and I had yet to eat. We swung by Starbucks on the way home, picking up no beverages. Scones for Marc and me, an apple fritter for Nick, and chocolate covered grahams for Gaby.

Brewed a giant cup of tea, and settled onto the couch with my scone. It was gone in no time!

I think it might take me a while to recover from the anesthesia. I didn't feel tired, but couldn't keep my eyes open. Just got comfy on the couch, waiting for Marc's lasagna.

Now, Marc has always told me he can make a better lasagna than anything that's ever been put in front of him. But in our 18 years together, he's never made it for me, so I figured it was all a fairy tale. Well, after our dinner on Sunday at Bertucci's, where he once again mentioned his fabled lasagna, I suggested he pass the time while I was in surgery, making it for dinner.

And so he did. And it was delicious. I wish I had had the presence of mind to photograph it, because I don't know when we'll see it again! But he made a double recipe, so there's some for the freezer!


After dinner, it was back to the couch. I needed to take it easy as much for the post op as for the excessive amount of lasagna I had pretty much inhaled.

It's good to be home. There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment